Power BI Managed Services; Expanding Your Team
Power BI is a powerful business intelligence tool that can help you transform your data into insightful visualisations and reports. With Power BI, you can easily connect to different data sources, model your data, and create interactive dashboards that allow you to explore your data and make faster, better, data-driven decisions.
At Differentia Consulting, we specialise in Power BI delivery as part of a Managed Service package. Our team of experts can help you unlock the full potential of Power BI and use it to drive your business forward.
Power BI is being adopted as both a strategic and a business-critical application. Companies need to sustain the ability to be flexible and maintain the availability of their Power BI estate, whilst keeping the associated costs of IT support services to a minimum.
What is Power BI Managed Services?
Differentia Consulting’s Managed Services presents a “Pic ‘n Mix” selection of offerings. Specific services can be selected according to your requirements, to:
- Manage your Power BI platform’s total cost of ownership
- Enhance service quality, reliability and availability
- Keep up to date with the latest Power BI enhancements
- Respond effectively to changing business requirements
Managed Services can be used to provide skills and expertise on an on-going basis as demand arises. Managed Service clients can take advantage of flexible delivery at preferential rates. All service communication and delivery will be managed by your dedicated Service Delivery Manager (SDM) with extensive analytics consultancy experience, ensuring consistency and client-specific focus.
Differentia Consulting can continue to supply consultancy services on a standard time and materials basis for ad-hoc engagements.
We offer flexible engagement models to suit your needs. Whether you need a short-term development project or ongoing managed services, we can provide the resources you need to succeed with Power BI.
We provide ongoing support to ensure your Power BI solution remains up-to-date and continues to meet your evolving business needs. Our team of experts can help you troubleshoot issues, optimise your solution, and provide training and guidance to help you get the most out of Power BI.
Who is it for?
Any company that needs to maintain a Power BI analytics or integration platform/estate or that requires custom mashup services.
- Companies with limited internal resources/budget*, or excessive demand, can benefit from the development, deployment and ongoing maintenance of your Power BI estate.
- Companies with experienced Power BI development skills can benefit from development support to resolve complex requirements.
This level of support is not covered by standard maintenance or subscription support contracts.
- Companies focussed on new projects and ongoing rollouts and developments can benefit from the regular assistance of planning and upgrading to new releases/versions and how to take advantage of new features.
- Companies that have successfully adopted Power BI as a departmental solution but need the knowledge and inspiration of experienced consultants to scale securely.
- Companies that have a need for compliance with internal policies stipulating that external support for products should be provided to mitigate risk.
What Services are available?
Power BI Service Management – Service Delivery
- Dedicated Service Delivery Manager as the main point of contact to understand and oversee the delivery of your requirements.
- Project Management and planning.
- Vision setting and expansion of your Power BI estate including the use of 3rd party products.
Our team of experienced Power BI developers can help you design and build custom solutions that meet your unique business needs. We can help you connect to your data sources, build data models, create interactive reports and dashboards, and automate your data workflows.
- Application configuration, development, services to scope, design, develop, document and test Power BI developments, using a standard methodology to ensure quality.
- 2nd-line development support to your own developers (not covered by standard maintenance support).
- Development QA Reviews and app performance tuning.
Connecting to data sources
We can work with you to connect to and manage various data sources so that your data is easily accessible and up-to-date. We can also help you identify new data sources that may be useful for your business.
We can transform and model your data so that it is ready for analysis. We call this state “business ready”. This includes creating relationships between tables, defining calculated columns and measures, and creating hierarchies to group data together. By working with us, you can ensure that your data is optimised for analysis by end users.
DAX-Data Analysis Expressions
Our team can help you create custom calculations using DAX to better analyse your data and gain deeper insights. We can also help you optimise your DAX formulas for maximum performance.
We can create visually appealing and interactive reports and dashboards that enable you to easily interact with your data and gain deeper insights. We’ll work with you to create the types of visualisations that are most useful for your business and customise them to your needs.
We can help you use Power Query to transform and clean your data from multiple sources, filter and merge tables, and more. Our experts can ensure that your data is transformed and cleaned effectively and efficiently.
Power BI Service
We can help you publish and share your reports and dashboards with others, enabling you to collaborate and communicate insights in a governed, secure way and with ease. We can also help you set up security and access controls to ensure that your data is protected.
- Bespoke End-User/Designer/Developer/Technical workshops, following a standard format or customised according to your needs.
- Power BI clinics to troubleshoot and workshop specific issues or discuss What’s New in new versions/service releases.
When is it applicable?
At all stages of the Power BI life cycle.
Managed Services can be engaged either at the initial point of sale or as the use of Power BI estate grows and as time and materials engagement is no longer suitable/appropriate.
By partnering with us, you can leverage our expertise in Power BI to help you unlock the full potential of your data and drive your business forward. We’ll work closely with you to ensure that your Power BI solution meets your needs and delivers meaningful insights.
Start your Power BI journey with Power BI Managed Services
To understand how Power BI Managed Services works in partnership with you to deliver your Power BI application platform.
Call us on +44 1494 622 600 or email [email protected]
Request more information or a demo