1. Introduction & General Terms
In order to provide you with the full range of Differentia Consulting services, we sometimes need to collect information about you.
- What information Differentia Consulting may collect about you;
- How Differentia Consulting will use information we collect about you;
- When Differentia Consulting may use your details to contact you;
- Whether Differentia Consulting will disclose your details to anyone else;
- Your choices regarding the personal information you provide to us;
2. Who are we?
Differentia Consulting is a UK based management consulting firm with offices in the UK only. We do have clients from all over the world and this policy is intended to comply with UK/EU requirements only. If you are outside of the EU and you have any concerns please do not hesitate to contact us for more information about how we can help you.
When we refer to Differentia Consulting we are referring to Differentia Consulting Ltd.
3. What information will Differentia Consulting collect about me?
When you participate in, access or sign up to any of Differentia Consulting services, activities or online content, such as newsletters, competitions, live chats, message boards, telephone or text Differentia Consulting, vote, donate money to a Differentia Consulting charity appeal, register to attend for a Differentia Consulting event or create an account using Differentia Consulting online registration systems we may receive personal information about you. This can consist of information such as your name, email address, postal address, telephone or mobile number or date of birth*, depending on the activity. [*future]
By submitting your details, you enable Differentia Consulting (and where applicable its contractors) to provide you with the services, activities or online content you select.
Please note that sometimes we will require you to provide additional personal information, and sometimes sensitive personal information (e.g. if you’re sending in an application to be a contractor for a secure site we may need to know and collect data your political leanings and personal circumstances). When we do this we will provide further information as to why we are collecting your information and how we will use it.
4. How will Differentia Consulting use the information it collects about me?
Differentia Consulting will use your personal information for a number of purposes including the following:
- to provide our services, activities or online content and to deal with your requests and enquiries;
- for service administration purposes, which means that Differentia Consulting may contact you for reasons related to the service, activity or online content you have signed up for, as set out in section 5 below (e.g. to provide you with password reminders or to notify you that a particular service, activity or online content has been suspended for maintenance);
- to contact you about a submission you have made, including any content you provide. For additional information, please see the UGC FAQS (User Generated Content Frequently Asked Questions);
- to provide you with information about our services, activities or online content;
- to personalise the way Differentia Consulting content is presented to you (e.g. if the first thing you look at every day on Differentia Consulting website is the weather for Luton, we may present this information or a link to it on your homepage);
- to use IP addresses to identify the location of users, to block disruptive use, to establish the number of visits from different countries and to determine whether you are accessing the services from the UK or not. If not, you will be re-directed to the international version of Differentia Consulting website (Differentia Consulting.com), (see section 12 for details);
- to analyse and improve the services offered on Differentia Consulting websites;
- to provide you with the most user-friendly navigation experience. Differentia Consulting may also use and disclose information in aggregate (so that no individuals are identified) for marketing and strategic development purposes; and
- when you access Differentia Consulting website from outside the UK, you will see the international version (Differentia Consulting.com) which features advertising. A certain amount of this advertising is tailored to the individual user.
Find out more about Differentia Consulting worldwide use of its behavioural targeting system in the international users section of Differentia Consulting Privacy & Cookies website. It is important to remember that you will only see this advertising, and receive Behavioural Targeted Marketing cookies, if you are visiting Differentia Consulting.com from outside the UK.
Where Differentia Consulting proposes using your personal information for any other uses we will ensure that we notify you first. You will also be given the opportunity to withhold or withdraw your consent for the use of your personal information for purposes other than those listed above.
5. When will Differentia Consulting contact me?
Differentia Consulting may contact you:
- in relation to any service, activity or on-line content you have signed up for in order to ensure that Differentia Consulting can deliver the services to you;
- in relation to any correspondence we receive from you or any comment or complaint you make about Differentia Consulting products or services;
- in relation to any contribution you have submitted to Differentia Consulting, e.g. on Differentia Consulting message boards or via text or voice mail message;
- to invite you to participate in surveys about Differentia Consulting services (participation is always voluntary); and
- for marketing purposes, where you have agreed to this (see section 6 below)
Local pages will give you detailed information about how Differentia Consulting will contact you in relation to specific services, activities or on-line content.
6. Will I be contacted for marketing purposes?
Differentia Consulting will only use your personal information for marketing purposes, or to promote new services, activities or on-line content where you have agreed to this.
7. Will Differentia Consulting share my personal information with anyone else?
We will keep your information confidential except where disclosure is required or permitted by law (for example to government bodies and law enforcement agencies) or as described in section 8 below. Generally, we will only use your information within Differentia Consulting. However, sometimes Differentia Consulting uses third parties to process your information on our behalf. Differentia Consulting requires these third parties to comply strictly with its instructions and Differentia Consulting requires that they do not use your personal information for their own business purposes, unless you have explicitly consented to the use of your personal information in this way.
8. Offensive or inappropriate content on Differentia Consulting websites
If you post or send offensive, inappropriate or objectionable content anywhere on or to Differentia Consulting websites or otherwise engage in any disruptive behaviour on any Differentia Consulting service, Differentia Consulting may use your personal information to stop such behaviour.
Where Differentia Consulting reasonably believes that you are or may be in breach of any applicable laws (e.g. because content you have posted may be defamatory), Differentia Consulting may use your personal information to inform relevant third parties such as your employer, school email/internet provider or law enforcement agencies about the content and your behaviour.
9. What if I am a user aged 16 or under?
If you are aged 16 or under, please get your parent/guardian permission before you provide any personal information to Differentia Consulting. Users without this consent are not allowed to provide us with personal information.
10. How long will Differentia Consulting keep my personal information?
We will hold your personal information on our systems for as long as is necessary for the relevant activity, or as long as is set out in any relevant contract you hold with Differentia Consulting or Differentia Consulting corporate retention schedule (a database that defines which documents should be kept and for how long). If your circumstances change a red flag goes on the database and, while Differentia Consulting cannot use the personal information, it stays on the system for a period of one year for administration purposes before being deleted automatically.
Where you contribute material to Differentia Consulting we will generally only keep your content for as long as is reasonably required for the purpose(s) for which it was submitted.
Differentia Consulting, as brokers of contemporary thought, also has an obligation to record snapshots of history which may include some User Generated Content i.e. content provided by the public. Therefore, some content submitted to, or shared with, Differentia Consulting may be retained for prolonged periods of time or potentially indefinitely in Differentia Consulting Archive, which is true of News contributions which are published. There may also be rare instances where we will share your contribution with third parties in the interests of maintaining archives. Where possible, we will endeavour to inform you upfront or let you know at a later date where we are likely to keep content indefinitely.
11. Can I find out what personal information Differentia Consulting holds about me?
Under the Data Protection Act you have the right to request a copy of the personal information Differentia Consulting holds about you and to have any inaccuracies corrected. (We charge £10 for information requests and require you to prove your identity with 2 pieces of approved identification). We will use reasonable efforts to supply, correct or delete personal information about you on our files.
12. What if I am accessing Differentia Consulting websites outside the UK?
13. Cookies Policy – Information Differentia Consulting collects from you
a. What is a cookie?
A cookie is a small amount of data, which often includes a unique identifier that is sent to your computer, tablet or mobile phone (referred to here as a device) browser from a website’s computer and is stored on your device’s hard drive. Each website can send its own cookie to your browser if your browser’s preferences allow it, but (to protect your privacy) your browser only permits a website to access the cookies it has already sent to you, not the cookies sent to you by other websites. Many websites do this whenever a user visits their website in order to track on-line traffic flows.
On Differentia Consulting websites, cookies record information about your on-line preferences and allow us to tailor our websites to your interests.
Information supplied by cookies can help us to analyse the profile of our visitors and help us to provide you with a better user experience. Differentia Consulting uses this type of information to help improve the services it provides to its users. All third parties are strictly required not to use any information for their own business or other purposes (see section 6 above).
Further information can be found in the international users section of Differentia Consulting Privacy & Cookies website.
c. Third Party Cookies in embedded content on Differentia Consulting pages
Please note that during your visits to Differentia Consulting websites you may notice some cookies that are not related to Differentia Consulting or Differentia Consulting’s contractors. When you visit a page with content embedded from, for example, YouTube or Flickr, you may be presented with cookies from these websites. Differentia Consulting does not control the dissemination of these cookies. You should check the third party websites for more information about these. Find out more about third party cookies in embedded content.
d. Differentia Consulting cookies and how to reject cookies?
If you wish to control what cookies are set on your device through Differentia Consulting website then you can find out how to do this in the Managing Cookies section of Differentia Consulting Privacy & Cookies website. It is important to note that if you change your settings and block certain cookies, this means that certain personalised features cannot then be provided and accordingly you may not be able to take full advantage of all of the website’s features.
Differentia Consulting Ltd.,
Attn: The Data Protection Officer