Oracle announced on October 6th that the new JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Applications Release 9.2 and JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Tools Release 9.2 are now GA.
With this new release JD Edwards EnterpriseOne maintains its position as a leading ERP open-systems platform offering customers a choice of many different technology options as well as deployment options: on-premise or hybrid deployment, private cloud, and public clouds.
In a recent interview that appeared in Profit magazine, Lyle Ekdahl said, â€œCustomers want us to help them become more agile, to help them speed their time to value and make it easier for them to innovate. We also want to make it increasingly possible for our customers to create new value, whether they are offering new products or services.â€
He also went on to say, â€œThe first step is to recognize the huge changes in technology and the innovations that are possible when applying those technologies to the new problems and opportunities created by the changes that have gone on, more broadly, with the global economy”. In 9.2 we see this vision put into action.
JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Release 9.2
Transformation for the Digital Economy
JD Edwards 9.2 addresses the demands of the digital economy with innovative solutions facilitating SMART change (Strategic, Mobile, Architected for Real-Time):
- Pre-built Internet of Things Orchestrator: announced with Tools Release 9.1.5, it allows customers to streamline and improve specific business processes avoiding manual data collection and costly disruptions. Data transmitted by the IoT devices are analysed and converted into useful information via the pre-built out-of-the box available orchestrations (Add CBM Alerts, Update Meter readings, Update Equipment Location, Kanban Check In/Check Out, Add Blend Operations) or via new custom ones, that can be created in order to respond to specific business issues.
- EnterpriseOne Mobile Applications: with the Oracle Mobile Application Framework and the JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Application Interface Services (AIS) Server, customers can extend the existing available 80+ JD Edwards Mobile Applications or create new ones. The new â€œManage my Work Ordersâ€ application is the first one of a new set of mobile applications with disconnected mode capabilities.
- User Defined Objects (Grid Formats, Queries, One View Reports, One View Watchlists, EnterpriseOne Pages, and the Composite Application Framework) do not require IT intervention for creation, deployment and management. Business users can now enhance their own user experience leveraging the new standardized process for User Defined Objects management
ERP Industry Focus that Creates Competitive Advantage
JDEdwards’ focus industries will benefit from these new functionalities providing competitive advantage to customers operating in the project, consumer goods, manufacturing and distribution.
- Advanced Job forecasting : enhanced capabilities for project managers to capture and audit expected materials and resources remaining on a project (included cost changes and pay level required). Standard or user defined calculations will help them in defining multiple â€œwhat-ifâ€ scenarios to compare with actual factors.
- Outbound Inventory Management: provides a complete Vendor Managed Inventory/Consignment lifecycle: agreements, ordering, shipments, invoicing and replenishments. Customers providing vendor-managed or consignment inventory services for their customers, will be able to leverage these functionalities in order to optimize processes and performance, enhance customer loyalty and improve overall profitability
- Work center Load review Calendar: production schedulers will be able to make better and quickest decision thanking this new graphical application providing over/under capacity details on a variable timeframe basis.
- One View Financial Statements: a new feature in the OVR Financial module that will allow users to easily create balance sheets, income statements and complex financial reporting via a user friendly application
- Recognition of Revenue: JDEdwards 9.2 customers will have the choice to adopt the new FASB/IASB standard in matter of Recognition of Revenue at their pace, up to one year earlier than the actual mandatory effective date (December 15, 2017 for public companies, December 15, 2018 for non-public companies)
Flexible & Agile ERP â€“ Your business, your way
With the new JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Release 9.2, customers have plenty of possibilities to develop agile business solutions to respond to their unique business needs: a simplified and modern application interface with several personalization options, extension and co-existence with other applications, including Oracle Cloud applications, and multiple deployment options, from the traditional on-premise to the 100% cloud, or on a hybrid mode according to each customer’s business and technology strategy.
In matter of security the new Tools Release 9.2 provides enhanced options for the user authentication process, enabling security officers to define complex password rules that align with their security and compliance requirements
Last but not least: customers upgrading from Applications Release 9.0 Update 2 or Release 9.1 now have the choice to use a Simplified Upgrade process to move faster and cheaper to the Application Release 9.2. A new series of â€œUpgrade Workshopsâ€ will be run by our experts in Q1 2016 in order to explain this new method and how the simplified upgrade will help customers in keeping code current reducing cost and efforts compared to a traditional upgrade.
Don’t hesitate to contact us if you have any questions on how the new release can bring value to your business or if you want to know more about the simplified JDE upgrade process.